ORGANISATION/COMPANYFyzikální ústav AV ČR
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Optics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/07/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Dolní Břežany
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
ELI Beamlines research centre in Dolní Břežany is a part of pan-European infrastructure ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) representing a unique tool of support of scientific excellence in Europe by making available its capacities to the best scientific teams across the world. The aim of ELI Beamlines is to establish the most intensive laser system in the world and to operate it on a long-term basis. Due to ultra-high performances of 10 PW (1 petawatt = 1,000,000,000,000,000 watts) and concentrated intensities of up to 1024 W/cm2, we can offer our users a unique source of radiation and beams of accelerated particles. The so called beamlines will enable ground-breaking research in the area of physics and science dealing with materials, but also in biomedicine and laboratory astrophysics and many other fields. ELI Beamlines is a part of the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, and it was open in 2015.
The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award. It is awarded by the European Commission to institutions which put significant effort into improving their human resources strategy and ensuring professional and ethical working conditions.
We would like to announce open position in the field of Application of quantum entanglement in biology and imaging:
Postdoctoral Fellow - Quantum optics and entanglement (IV-76)
- experimental optical set-up development (OPAs and single photon counting set-ups)
- conducting and evaluation of experiments
- publication preparation
Requirements for the ideal candidate in the order of priority:
- practical and/or theoretical experience with generation and analysis of entangled photon pairs
- MSc or PhD in Physics, Biophysics, Physical chemistry, Optics, Laser-science or related
- experience with kHz fs laser amplifier systems
- practical experience with time correlated single photon counting experiments
- knowledge of nonlinear optics or ultrafast and coherent spectroscopy
- practical hands-on experience with building experimental optical set- ups
- LabVIEW, Matlab, Python, C++ or related essentials
- background in molecular physics, biophysics or chemistry
- possibility to work in a state-of-the art lab where highly innovative techniques are being developed
- work place where people with new ideas and passion for realization can try new things
- open space for interdisciplinary studies
- competitive salary
- highly motivating fresh friendly international team environment
- unique Chance to spend some years in the beautiful ancient city of Prague while building a carrier in top notch experimental Science
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org, +420 - 601560322).
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences can be found on: https://www.fzu.cz/en/processing-of-personal-data
EURAXESS offer ID: 625485
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.